STRESS 2016 —
4th International School on Tool-based Rigorous Engineering of
Corfu Imperial, Corfu, Greece, 5-9 October 2016
Associated with the
International Symposium On Leveraging Applications of Formal Methods,
Verification, and Validation (ISoLA)
The International School on Tool-based Rigorous Engineering of Software
Systems (STRESS) series aims to provide top-quality lectures and
innovative pedagogical material that provide young researchers with:
- instruction in existing and emerging formal methods and software
engineering techniques that are tool-supported and process-oriented,
- insights into how software is developed in the real world, including
emphasis on domains such as safety/mission-critical software and
embedded systems where the development effort associated with tool-based
formal methods promises greatest returns,
- case-studies and example domains in which formal methods have been
successfully transitioned into actual development along with insights in
how to bridge the gap between research tools and actual development
- additional pedagogical resources and personal contacts that they can
explore for the purpose of increasing the impact of their research.
In addition to STRESS 2016,
the ISoLA week
offers a lot of opportunites besides the standard conference program,
which addresses in particular also PhD students:
- The RERS challenge provides an ideal opportunity to check one’s own
verification competence. During the challenge you will meet world
leading experts in tool-based software verification.
- The industrial day will give an impression of today’s needs industry.
Finally, there is also a direct and tangible benefit for young scientists:
- The poster session gives PhD students the opportunity to give a 10 minutes
sketch of their work, which they can later on elaborate on during the breaks.
One page abstracts of selected contributions will be published in the ISoLA
- Moreover, participating PhD student will be invited to contribute to the
post conference proceedings published in Springer’s CCIS series.